6 03, 2012

H-1B (Specialty Worker)

2012-03-06T20:52:27+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on H-1B (Specialty Worker)

he H-1B or “Specialty Worker” visa is available for a United States company who wishes to directly employ a foreign individual, for a temporary period (initially 3 years) in a "specialty occupation.” A specialty occupation is defined as "an occupation, which requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge to fully [...]

6 03, 2012

L-1 (Intra-company Transferee)

2012-03-06T20:51:39+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on L-1 (Intra-company Transferee)

The L visa is available for multinational companies seeking to transfer high-level and essential employees from overseas to provide services in a similar capacity to a subsidiary, affiliate, branch or parent company in the United States. This individual employee is called an “intra-company transferee.” The intra-company transferee must have been working abroad continuously for one [...]

6 03, 2012

O-1 (Individuals of Extraordinary ability or Achievement)

2012-03-06T20:50:33+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on O-1 (Individuals of Extraordinary ability or Achievement)

If you are a person who is highly talented or acclaimed in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, or have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry, and wish to come to the U.S., the O-1 visa is a good option for you. This type of visa is [...]

6 03, 2012

TN Visa (for Canadians and Mexicans under NAFTA)

2012-03-06T20:49:55+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on TN Visa (for Canadians and Mexicans under NAFTA)

Canadian or Mexican professionals may work for companies in the United States on a temporary basis, under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), either as a direct employee or as a management consultant. The maximum period of the initial authorized stay under the TN category is one year, with unlimited one-year extensions. Under NAFTA [...]

6 03, 2012

B-1 (Visitor for Business)

2012-03-06T20:49:19+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on B-1 (Visitor for Business)

The B-1 visa is available for any foreign national who wishes to enter the United States for any business-related function, such as to attend conferences, take orders, to negotiate with existing businesses or customers, or to execute service agreements. However, the visitor must be conducting temporary business activity for a foreign employer, and the trip [...]

6 03, 2012

E-1 (Treaty Trader) and E-2 (Treaty Investor) Visas

2012-03-06T20:48:35+00:00NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS|Comments Off on E-1 (Treaty Trader) and E-2 (Treaty Investor) Visas

The E-1 and E-2 Visas are available for foreign nationals, who are citizens of countries which have treaties of “commerce and navigation” with the United States. Generally, the E visa is available to persons who will oversee a business in the United States, which is either engaged in trade between the United States and the [...]