Brandi N. Knox
Areas of Law
Brandi Knox is a Senior Attorney in The Fogle Law Firm, LLC’s Atlanta office where she focuses on immigration law, including employment-based, family-based, removal defense and naturalization. She represents domestic and multinational employers before U.S. Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State, and the U.S. Department of Labor in connection with U.S. immigration-related issues.
Ms. Knox counsels employers on immigration policy, strategy, and compliance and has extensive experience conducting audits to assess I-9 compliance. She focuses a portion of her practice on business development, including government certifications, organizational improvement, and government regulatory compliance. She provides strategic business advisory and legal services to small and middle market businesses, start-ups and nonprofits, and she engages business owners and senior managers in an intensive, collaborative process to identify and resolve issues and challenges. She is a skilled immigration subject matter expert with a solid understanding of visa requirements, compliance and other relevant issues for foreign talent recruitment and international personnel assignments.
Previous Professional Experience
Ms. Knox is a highly motivated professional with over 10 years of functional management experience to include 7 years of personnel management experience. She has expert-level knowledge of all immigration issues and global mission policies and procedures, as well as extensive experience managing complex business immigration matters, with specific expertise handling a variety of immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions for mid-size, and large corporations with over 500 visa-dependent employees.
Ms. Knox has gained experience in immigration law as a senior associate and senior immigration specialist at four Atlanta law firms where she served as the primary point of contact for A-list clients, managing workflow, escalations and billing for books of business ranging from 1.5M to 2.9M. At U.S. Department of Labor – Office of Foreign Labor Certification, gained experience in adjudicating PERM applications selected for audit where she was a member of a special commissioned audit review team selected to clear PERM 18-month backlog.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) National Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys (GABWA)
- National Urban League Young Professional Organization
Awards and Honors
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2014-2016)
- Lawyers of Color’s Inaugural Hot List for the Southern Region (2013)
- Volunteer, Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network Volunteer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Committee Member, Warrick Dunn Charities Philanthrogens
- Committee Council Member, YMCA/Early Childhood Development Policy Council
- Tulane University School of Law, Juris Doctor, Merit Scholar (2006)
- Spelman College, Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, magna cum laude (2003)
Kennesaw State University, MBA Candidate (2020)